Volunteer Recognition Program
The Orange County Affiliate of Susan G. Komen celebrates our hard working volunteers and recognizes individuals for the positive impacts that they have made. The Volunteer Awards are given at our Volunteer Appreciation event held at the end of the year.
The categories for the award are as follows:
- Outstanding New Volunteer has worked with the Orange County Affiliate for one year of service or less and made a positive impact.
- The Volunteer of the Year has worked with the Orange County Affiliate for a minimum of five years. The volunteer has embraced the Core Values of Komen and has been a positive agent of change.
- Outstanding Group Volunteers are committees or groups composed of four or more individuals that have worked together to benefit the Affiliate. Through their work, significant strides have been made by working as a team.
- Outstanding Youth Volunteer is a person 21 years old or younger who has made a positive impact on the Orange County Affiliate.
- A Komen Warrior Award may go to a volunteer who has served ten or more years with the Orange County Affiliate. The lifetime volunteer goes above and beyond the call of duty. The volunteer consistently strives to further the position of the Affiliate within the community while keeping the Promise at heart. They are a cohesive force that serves as a role model for all volunteers – old and new alike.
Separately, up to two Promise of One awards may be awarded through the Susan G. Komen for the Cure National Program.
- Promise of One recipients must have volunteered for a minimum of one year and will be selected by the Volunteer Committee, in conjunction with the Board President and Executive Director for exceptional contributions to the Orange County Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Overall these volunteers demonstrate dedication, commitment, creativity, initiative and dependability. Their achievements, time, compassion and volunteer spirit serve as benchmarks for all volunteers. Nominations will be reviewed by the Volunteer Committee and selections will be made based on the following criteria:
- Volunteer efforts
- Affect on the community at large or individuals served by the affiliate
- Impact and need of volunteer work
For more information, contact Carolyn Spivak at 714-957-9157 ext. 31 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.