- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
In Orange County, every day FIVE WOMEN are diagnosed with breast cancer
and ONE WOMAN dies from this disease. This is #unacceptable!
Breast Cancer Awareness Month is here and we are working hard to reach our fundraising goal of $1.2 million by the end of October. Funds raised are crucial for fueling our community grant partners, local breast health education programs, and national research initiatives.
HOW YOU CAN MAKE AN IMPACT THIS MONTH:
Plus: Did you join us for the MORE THAN PINK Walk™ in September? There’s still time to reach your walk goals and earn unique recognition items by 10/31, including a special experience for breast cancer survivors & thrivers at Spa Gregorie’s.
If you or someone you know needs support with their breast cancer journey, connect with us for resources by calling 714-957-9157 (M-F 8:30am-5pm) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call the national Komen Help Line at 1-877-GO KOMEN.
EXPLORE SPECIAL OPPORTUNITIES WITH LOCAL PARTNERS:
- SPANISH SURVIVORSHIP CONFERENCE: “Un Dia Para Ti” RSVP for this FREE Event on October 19
- BRAVING BRCA: Article Series on Bustle about Living with the Previvor Gene
- BENCH WITH BEDSIDE INITIATIVE: Survivors! Join the Breast Cancer Blood Draw Nov. 16 at the Keck School of Medicine. Take the Eligibility Survey!
- PARENTING OC: Breast Health for Busy Moms, with Dr. January Lopez
- EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS: Download tools and printable information sheets about breast cancer
- SPONSORSHIPS AVAILABLE: Interested in Supporting the 2020 Pink Tie Ball, Metastatic Conference, or MORE THAN PINK Walk? Connect with Us!
- APPLY FOR A COMMUNITY GRANT: The KOMEN OC Community Grant Application is Open Oct. 1 – Nov. 15
- METASTATIC BREAST CANCER CLINICAL TRIALS SYMPOSIUM: Learn More and RSVP for this FREE Event on November 2
- 7TH ORANGE COUNTY WOMEN’S HEALTH SUMMIT: Advancing Health Equity for Women in Orange County – Get Tickets
- VIEW PHOTOS AND STORIES: Connect with KOMEN OC on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn