Responding to the COVID-19 Crisis, Together
The impact of COVID-19, including rising unemployment, mandatory stay at home orders, and an overburdened healthcare system are causing the perfect storm for breast cancer patients who have questions or need care.
We’re here to help.
Susan G. Komen Orange County is leading a collaboration with our other Susan G. Komen affiliates in California, including Los Angeles, Inland Empire, San Diego, San Francisco Bay Area and Northern and Central California. Together, we bring you the formation of the Komen California Response Fund, which aims to combat the consequences of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) that is greatly impacting the lives of local patients battling breast cancer. Funds will enable Komen Affiliates across California to support their local breast health communities by helping those they serve to overcome existing and new, crisis-related barriers to support services and care.
The Komen California Response Fund answers urgent needs in the local breast cancer community today, ensuring those facing a breast cancer diagnosis as well as those on the frontlines of providing care can still access or provide vital services, including:
- Patient navigation to support the local breast health community to reduce systemic, programmatic and social barriers to breast care and services, resulting in improved outcomes for women in Orange County
- Financial assistance for cost of living expenses for those in active treatment
- Advocacy for transformative health policies and improved access to affordable, high-quality breast health and cancer care services
- Breast cancer screening preparation for the coming surge of routine mammograms and screenings that are currently postponed or cancelled due to COVID-19 for uninsured or underinsured women in need
- Virtual educational experiences facilitated by experts to provide critical, timely information related to breast health and COVID19 and addressing questions and concerns on how to cope with stress and anxiety
- Virtual Safe Community Space for survivors, those living with Metastatic Breast Cancer and advocates to share their stories, build connections and support during this time
- Lifesaving research and clinical trials to discover new treatments
- Operational Support in partnership with local breast health organizations to help meet higher demands they are seeing during COVID-19 pandemic
The Komen California Response Fund will help patients, survivors, caregivers, and families who urgently need support now more than ever.
Individuals and companies interested in donating to The Komen California Response Fund in Orange County can visit https://komenoc.org/caresponsefund/ or call Komen Orange County at 714-957-9157 or email at email@example.com.