Komen OC Volunteer Recognition Awards
Komen Orange County acknowledges and celebrates our hard working volunteers and recognizes individuals for the positive impact they make.
Volunteers are honored at our Volunteer Recognition Event each year. In addition to Years of Service Awards given for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of volunteer service to the organization, there are 9 specific award categories for which we accept nominations:
- The Outstanding New Volunteer has served Komen OC for one year or less and has made a significant positive impact during this period.
- The Volunteer of the Year has served the Affiliate for a minimum of five years. This awardee has embraced the core values of Komen OC and has been a positive agent of change in the community.
- The Outstanding Group Award is given to a committee or group composed of four or more members who have worked together to benefit the Affiliate. Through their team work and collective commitment, significant strides have been made towards their group’s goal.
- An Outstanding Youth Volunteer is a person 21 years old or younger who has made a positive impact on the Orange County Affiliate in the recent past.
- The Komen Warrior Award may go to a volunteer who has served ten or more years with Komen OC. This volunteer has consistently gone above and beyond the call of duty, and strives to further the position of the Affiliate within the community while keeping the Promise at heart. This volunteer serves as a role model for all volunteers engaged with Komen OC.
- The Promise of OneAward is given to a volunteer who has been engaged with Komen OC for a minimum of one year and will be selected for exceptional contributions to the Orange County Affiliate.
- The Partner for the Cure Award is given to a member of the community who combines their work and philanthropic volunteering to benefit the OC Affiliate in an extraordinary way. The volunteer must have been engaged with Komen OC for 3 or more years.
- The Heavy Lifter/Worker Bee Award is given to a volunteer who has helped with activities that were physical and/or manual in nature, and who has given an extraordinary amount of time and energy to the Affiliate within the past year.
- The Shining Star Award is given to a volunteer who has served the organization for 2 or more years and shines brightly behind the scenes. A quiet achiever that has made a significant contribution in time and effort.
Overall these volunteers demonstrate dedication, commitment, creativity, initiative and dependability. Their achievements, time, compassion and volunteer spirit serve as benchmarks for all volunteers. Nominations are reviewed and awardees selected by the Volunteer Awards Nomination Review Panel.
For more information, contact Carolyn Spivak at 714-957-9157 ext. 31 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.