- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
MBC Impact Series
Susan G. Komen® Orange County is committed to being of service to people who are touched by metastatic breast cancer. With an estimated 154,000+ women currently living with metastatic breast cancer in the United States and approximately 1,000 in Orange County, Komen OC is working to connect those living with the disease, their caregivers, and medical professionals to share new information, practical resources, and support.
“Making Connections: Sharing Science, Stories, and Support”
THE 2020 oc CONFERENCE WAS HELD
SUNDAY, MARCH 1, 2020
UC IRVINE CONFERENCE CENTER
Local scientific and medical experts shared the most current information on treatments, clinical trials
and symptom management.
The day went beyond research to connect the shared experiences of those living with stage 4 breast cancer,
co-survivors, and those who advocate on their behalf.
2019 METASTATIC BREAST CANCER CLINICAL TRIALS SYMPOSIUM
Thank you to the 60+ participants and presenters that joined us for our Metastatic Breast Cancer Clinical Trials Symposium at The Beckman Center in Irvine on November 2. We learned so much from hearing from MBC patient and thriver Carletha Cephas, Doctor Parajuli and Doctor Salhia in the panel discussion, and Jamie C. Fertal, D.O., Hospice and Palliative Care from St. Joseph Health. Attendees heard stories of strength, bravery, and medical discussions on metastatic breast cancer and tumor biology.
Special thank you to Metastatic Breast Cancer Patient, Carletha “Spirit” Cephas: survivor of de novo inflammatory breast cancer and invasive lobular breast cancer. Since her diagnosis October of 2017, she has dedicated her time to breast cancer outreach and advocacy.
Watch a video of her testimonial speech (recorded on a mobile, FYI on camera movements).
- View the symposium photo album
- Download Dr. Parajuli’s presentation, “Unraveling the Mysteries of Clinical Trials in Metastatic Breast Cancer”
- Download Dr. Salhia’s presentation, “Clinical Trials Basics and Beyond”
- Download Dr. Fertal’s presentation, “Metastatic Breast Cancer Trial Symposium” (Palliative Care/Geriatrics/IM)
- Download Ambrocia Lopez’s presentation, “MBC Connect 2.0”
2019 METASTATIC BREAST CANCER CONFERENCE
- If you would like to watch a speaker’s presentation or catch a breakout session you missed at our March 30th, 2019 inaugural metastatic breast cancer conference, you can view videos HERE !